THE INTERNET TEACHES US SO MANY THINGS

It's true, just today someone left a comment on my Flickr page, in particular on the photo below which I took while cruising through Texas along Route 66. This is what he said ...
You effectively captured the image of the Texas Panhandle most burned into my memory from my childhood summers which took me through there. I've only ever seen it captured in one other instance, which is this painting from Michael Frary's "Impressions of the Texas Panhandle":
Conway
Heading out of Amarillo along route 66 towards Conway, Texas. Panhandle country
Which is a lovely thing to say but the real impact was when I looked at the painting he was talking about. wow! I think he just might be right. I've never seen this painting before now...

Michael Frary's: Impressions of the Texas Panhandle

Comments