VALE B.B.KING

When Love Comes to Town

U2 89

It was Saturday 23rd September 1989, I was at my second ever U2 gig, the place was Perth in Western Australia and I was about to witness the King of the Blues for the first time. The one and only B.B King was going to close the show with U2. That gig and that finale has stuck in my mind and been recalled by myself on so very many occasions. It truly was a great show and I'm not just saying that because today the king died, it so very was a once in a lifetime moment for me and many others at that show that night. Eighty nine is a very good innings but it's still sad that there wont be any more tunes from his guitar. I think I summed up the brilliance of this man nicely in the description I posted for this gig here "Words are not needed"...

Comments