WIDGET: OR HOW I BECAME A PARENT

Yesterday morning as I left for work I opened my door to be greeted by this lil fella. He seemed to be wedged as bro...


I recognised him from last Sunday as I was out walking. He was in a brown paper bag dumped on the footpath. I figured that whoever owned him would be along shortly to collect him. But it seems not and somehow he managed to make it up the hill to my place and onto my fence. Again I expected his owner to come grab him so I headed off to work. 

When I got home that night he was still there, hanging on by a neck...


I said goodnight, he has a thick coat so he would be okay, it was a warmish night anyhow. 
He was still there as I headed out again this morning...


Surely today he would be collected and taken back to his home, how could anyone miss that colourful butt?


Alas I checked on him again tonight and the poor lil guy was still there, looking at me with those innocent eyes. What had he done to deserve this? Could he survive another night in the fence? I checked tomorrow's weather and it wasn't good. Showers. So I caved...


I couldn't leave him in the rain. His torment has ended and a new life begun. He has a new home and has been named Widget! I feel that he chose me so I have no choice. It's gonna be tough being a parent but I think I'm ready.

Comments

The Desp. said…
Nice art on the walls! Where do you get stuff framed? I've used the guy in highgate quite a bit, but he is crazy expensive. Got something I need framed and just wondering if i'll try somewhere else. Maybe framing is just expensive everywhere!
stu said…
I pretty much use the Aylesbury’s Clocktower Framers on Beaufort St Inglewood. Number 923.

Not amazingly cheap (framing can be expensive true)but as I use him a lot I get some discount, still cheaper than the Highgate guy.

Nice guy too
The Desp. said…
Thanks dude. I might check it out.