Some great old shots of Barrack St, the Barrack St Bridge and the Horseshoe Bridge
Some people connect Barrack St with the Barrack's Arch at the top of St Georges Tce but that's not the case, different barracks in fact. It was named for the military barracks, built in 1829, that existed along the road at the corner of St Georges Terrace.
|Barrack St (Cnr Wellington) southbound|
|Same spot, corner of Wellington and Barrack St, 1957. Complete with trams, oh why do we not have trams anymore.|
|Barrack St, northbound with Town Hall on the right, 1920|
|Barrack Street, south from the Hay Street intersection 1956.|
|Barrack St Bridge, looking south|
|Horseshoe Bridge 1905|