I AM HUMAN AND I NEED TO BE LOVED

....just like everybody else does

Just discovered this short doco on The Smiths (17mins). Still one of my all time favourite bands. Memories of sneaking into clubs under age in the 80's to dance slowly to the brooding Morrissey. Then finding a girlfriend who knew more about them than I ever knew, god I was in love with her (actually married her but that's another story), so many memories connected to The Smiths music. Like when my flatmate got her hands on a copy of Meat is Murder and we played it non stop for days and probably did our neighbours heads in ... good times

flora
love



 

Comments

Ranx said…
Dude, thanks so much for that, the Smiths sum up the Eighties for me. And I've always thought of today's hipsters as pale Morrissey facsimiles. Not only do I love that irony, but I'm doing it before it's cool ;-)
Ranx said…
"So you go and you stand on your own and you leave on your own and you go home and you cry and you want to die"

Curse you! You have condemned me to a day of reliving the bittersweet memories of teenage angst against a backdrop of some damned fine music.

ok, maybe "thank you" too :-)
stu said…
hahaha I hear ya, I posted similar over on my bike blog yesterday
http://tumble.cyclivist.com/post/31335242838/hipster-bike-riders-looked-like-this-in-the-80s