OLD PERTH # 13

This is an awesome clip, not sure why I hadn't seen this clip before but thanks to Waz I have now. I smiled the whole way through it, so much has changed and yet you can see bits of what remains. Couple of things, the lookout on top of the tree, my Great Uncle Charlie used to sit up in one of those to spot fires as a job after he returned from WW2. My Great Aunty Jean used to climb it every lunch time to bring Charlie his lunch, that's love. Also spot the dead animal on the shoulder for a day at the races and how good did St Georges Tce look back then. Oh and we had trolley buses, imagine if we still did. They didn't just go through the city either....

Trolley Bus in the burbs of Perth, 1966

1966 Perth Trolley Bus

Comments

Justin Rapley said…
how cool is the shot of the old perth main street? Great Vid man.
Gregoryno6 said…
Excellent find. The sartorial style has changed a lot since then, that's for sure.