So that's christmas day done and dusted. So much build up, so much organizing, so much cooking and then....it's all over. I had a great christmas day, was meant to head to a friends house but plans changed and we went to a friends friends house. End result I knew 2 of the 8 other people there and this is what made it so good. One from Canada, one from Ireland and two from Norway. So amazing conversations throughout the day about all kinds of stuff. That and there was the great food....
- leg of ham with a maple syrup glaze (the Canadian influence)
- rare roast sirloin of beef with mustards
- whole barramundi packed in sea salt and fennel seeds then cooked on the BBQ
- watermelon and mint salad
- a char grilled vegie salad with caramelized red onion and a basil oil vinaigrette that I whipped up (see pics below)
- finished off with Pete's layered chocolate and nougat brownie sponge cake = deeeelish