MELA INDIAN

Karks, Marco, Perry, Annie and I hit Mela Indian Sweets and Eats in Northbridge tonight. I needed to discuss the house arrangements for my trip to Bali in April. I'm staying at Perry and Annie's luxurious villa for 7 days. More on that next month. So any excuse for all of us to hook up for a meal.

P&A had been raving about this place for ages and I was keen to try it out. It's in William st and directly opposite the Mosque. What a great place, very kitch Bollywood inside. I'd heard stories about the service being average but ours was fine. We all ordered a Thali, vegetarian and meat, a great way to eat and so cheap - $15.00 each and that included some corkage on our wines.

So if you're looking for a cheap Indian that isn't overly spicy check this place out.

Mela Indian


Mela Indian Sweets & Eats on Urbanspoon

Comments

The Desp. said…
I recommend the vegetable samosas - I usually have at least two per week. I've never actually eaten there though.
Stu said…
just take away?
tiff said…
Love love love Mela! Especially the dosai. Yum.
The Desp. said…
yeah - always take-away. And I always think "You know, I should get a table some time". haha
Stu said…
hahah yep do it!