OLD PERTH # 2

I've found a heap of old pics of Perth on the web, so I think I'll continue this theme for a while. First up some pics I posted on here 3 years ago. I should have put them in a single post back then but that was early days for YeLPar. So finally...


Narrows Bridge Construction

The Narrows Bridge under construction (viewed from Kings Park)

Pre Bridge Foreshore

Perth foreshore before the area of river to left of picture was reclaimed for the Narrows Bridge and Kwinana Freeway construction

St Georges Tce

View west along St Georges Tce

Kings Park Log

The old Karri log at Kings Park, sadly it was woodchipped a few years back (the old log got too old)

Boans Store Morley

Old Boans Morley. Note the Union Jack flying alongside the Aussie flag

Kings Park

View of Kings Park and the completed Narrow Bridge from the Water Board building in West Perth

Perth St Georges Tce

A then and now pic I put together - top pic 1950/60's bottom 2005. I might do a few more of these with the new stuff I have, hopefully better than this first attempt.

Comments