HOME NICE HOME AWFUL

I'm feeling architectural so I've found these two homes. One I really really like and one well I'm not sure I have words to describe it. I'm sure they'll arrive by the end of this blog.
.
How good is this design.....
.
"Entry is via a long and dramatic bridge to a viewing platform from which one ascends a staircase into the house,"
.
Kitchen, dining room, living room, and master bedroom are encountered in sequence as one moves upward through the structure.
.

Photobucket

You eventually arrive at an "open air garden... situated on the roof."

Photobucket

Now I could live in the above and host some most awesome parties. However I would never have enough money to live in the below, nor would I want to I think. It's going to cost $2 Billion to build (which is insane)...

Atop six stories of parking lots, Antilla's living quarters begin at a lobby with nine elevators, as well as several storage rooms and lounges. Down dual stairways with silver-covered railings is a large ballroom with 80% of its ceiling covered in crystal chandeliers. It features a retractable showcase for pieces of art, a mount of LCD monitors and embedded speakers, as well as stages for entertainment. The hall opens to an indoor/outdoor bar, green rooms, powder rooms and allows access to a nearby "entourage room" for security guards and assistants to relax.

Photobucket

But you would kind of think for that money it would be nice, hmmmm. I can think of better things to do with that much money.........so many things.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i dont know dude, the top one does look a bit like they couldn't decide whether they wanted a castle, a wooden shack or an eastern european ghetto...but they definately wanted to build it in Vermont.

as for the second one...once your house has more than six elevators you run the risk of being labelled indulgent P)

you'd have a hell of a view with a rifle from up there though...

think i can get into the entourage room though?

adz
stu said…
ahh but exactly, I see the top one as a modern day castle - Lord Stu - it would be most awesome fun IMO

and yeah the entourage room made me take notice :) It smacks of "Mega Decca corp have your best interests close to their heart and know what's good for you" don't it?

Although elevating down to my 6 level car park with my 12 body guards and exiting the building in a 6 car convoy does have it's appeal.
Anonymous said…
absolutely....

you would need a disembodied voice to say "Welcome to STUcorp" as your guests entered.

adz