WHAT A C#NT

To use a mining term.
.
If you didn't already know, I work as an archaeologist and I work within the mining industry. The camp I'm currently assigned to has almost 800 residents, so it's a pretty large camp. Now I don't always see eye to eye with a lot of my "fellow workers". A lot of them are beer swilling red neck arseholes. Not all but a good percentage.
.
That said, most are just family guys looking to earn some money to make a better life for themselves and their families. It's can be tough for them, they can spend up to 4 weeks away from their loved ones at times and can only communicate via a public phone or public internet computer. I'm one of the lucky ones in that I have an office with a phone and an internet connection all day long, so I can contact anyone at any time. I have to, my work depends on it. But it's not like that for most of them.
.
Most have to line up in the cold of an evening (and it gets down to 3 or 4 degrees some nights), sometimes for hours to get access to a phone or computer. I walk past them on my way to dinner every night. It doesn't look like fun. So when something happens on the scale of what happened last night, I have to feel even sorry for the poor smucks.
.
Some simple minded, arsewipe, pond scum of a human being smashed the handsets of every single public phone in the camp. Every one of them. It's not like a bunch of hoons drove through camp and went on a rampage, not possible seeing as we're 200 km's from any other form of civilisation. Not to mention the security gate they need to pass. No this oxygen thief is one of us, a worker who does what we all do every day, he works amongst us and we say hi to him as we pass him on the many footpaths in the camp. He's the same guy we stop to help if he has a flat tyre, the same guy we give a lift to if he's missed his crew bus to the mine in the morning or to camp in the evening. The very same guy who, if we're sitting around outside our rooms having a few beers after work and he wanders up, we offer a beer to.
.
And yet he has now effectively cut off the only form of communication available to his co workers and their families. And we don't know why, we don't know what caused him to do this. Has he had a mental breakdown and simply gone crazy with rage, did his partner dump him over the phone or is he just a a simple minded wanker?
.
We do know however that if he is identified he will be off this mine in a nano second, I doubt he will have time to pack his belongings. Not solely as a form of punishment but also as a way of saving his life. Because the very same people he has just shat all over are not the types to be easy placated over something like this. There are some nasty customers up here, bikies, ex cons etc, huge bastards all of em and he is in serious danger of getting beaten to within an inch of his life.
.
What makes it so frightening is that I'm not exaggerating, he is seriously toast if he's caught.
.
What a c#nt

Comments