NO PIC FOR THIS POST

One of my best friends and I caught up just before I headed back to work 3 weeks ago. Karks and I talked about her niece, Steff who at age 16 had cancer, she had a tumour in her shoulder. This was the 3rd recurrence of the cancer and this one was looking terminal.
.
Karks asked me if I could ask any of the Aboriginal guys I get to work with up north if they had any bush medicine remedies that might help her. Not a problem I said and when I arrived I mentioned it to a few of them and they were quick to suggest a particular plant. It had been long used by them to cure many things.
.
One of the guys went out of his way and collected a huge bag of the stuff for me and told me how to prepare it.
.
I rang Karks 2 days ago and yesterday and even today trying to contact her and tell her the news, in the end I left a voicemail message. I couldn't get hold of her anywhere.
.
So I rang another friend and asked if she had seen Karks and explained why I needed to speak to her. That friend said this
.
"Steff died 2 weeks ago"
.
.
.
.
Fuck
.
Now I'm not sure the bush medicine may have cured her or even helped her.......but.......ahhh it's just fucked up, I met Steff a few times and she was a beautiful 16 year old girl.
.
I obviously didn't need the plant anymore but it was the oddest and worst feeling throwing it all away, so final.

Comments