"SAN FRANCISCAN NIGHTS"

Browsing this article about the Golden Gate Bridge. Seems the guy wanted to film a "day in the life of" the bridge.

Eric Steel initially told officials he planned to spend a year filming the "powerful and spectacular interaction between the monument and nature"

But he's pissed off the local authorities a tad, having captured most of the 19 jumpers from the bridge that year. It's a popular spot for topping yourself. Everyone knows that, so I'm not sure why the officials are upset, it was bound to happen.

Anyway it got me thinking back to 2002 when I visited the bridge. Jo and I hired bikes and rode the bay up to and across the bridge, one of the best things I did whilst in the states.


SF10001


SF30001


Well it had it's shit moments too, moments before we got onto the bridge Jo spat the dummy at me and we actually rode across it seperately.


SF40001


SF20001

Jo took off and I had to make do with a self portrait. Which is actually a cool pic (I think)

Jo is now my ex :o) The bridge became a symbol of our..... ah no it didn't, she just turned out to be a cow hahahaha!! Bless her!

Comments