FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - PAY ATTENTION

So I'm at home, it's hot outside, so I'm inside, music's on. I'm just doin my thing, keepin cool. I notice it's 5pm, might as well switch on the TV and catch the early news. First story I catch is one on a burnt out car.
.
"A car in mount Lawley was burnt out today, police believe the fire started in the rear of the car, possibly by a cigarette flicked in through an open window."
.
Mount Lawley? Yeah right, I recognise that street, that's the street behind mine, near the Laundromat, that's Highgate ferchrisakes!! Why don't they research I mutter to myself. Yeah okay my life's a simple one I know, but that sort of stuff irks me.
.
Next story up is about a fire in a church in North Perth. Oh for the love of god that's not in North Perth, that's in Highgate too............what the fu**!!! That's the church across the road from my place.
.
THE CHURCH ACROSS THE ROAD FROM MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!

Church

HOLY CRAP!!
I spin outside, bloody hell, there's fire engines everywhere, how did I not hear this. It is kinda surreal to be looking at the TV and they're broadcasting your front door :o)

Fire (1)

Fire

Now I'm not particularly religious and certainly not Catholic, but it's a lovely old church and thankfully it wasn't the actual church that was on fire, just a parish building behind it. Which incidentally, or is that coincidently, is the same street as the car fire.

See now this is what pisses me off about the news, same channel, no doubt same film crew and yet they didn't connect the two, I mean they even had them in different suburbs, yet they were on the same friggen street. And it's HIGHGATE you morons!!

Comments