A JOURNEY

I took a walk into the city yesterday. Saturday mornings are always great for a stroll down William St. The Asian section of Northbridge is always alive with people, either working, shopping or eating yum cha.

They sure know how to have a party too! It was the Chinese new year a week or so ago and yet they're still celebrating. This is where we Anglo Saxons have gotten it all wrong. We go hard for one over-hyped night whilst the peoples of Asia drag it out for weeks.

Last nights backyard BBQ was interrupted at around 8pm with the sound of exploding firecrackers next door in Northbridge. (note: fireworks are illegal in Australia but nobody told the Chinese hehe) and as I strolled William St that day I came across this pre-Dragon run huddle....

Dragon

.... with the coach (center) explaining to his crew just how big and frightening dragons really are :o) Raaahhhhhh!!!

I love my neighbourhood!!

Comments