HAUNTED BY EMOS

My dislike for the Emo is well documented on this blog. For a refresher, read this first and then this!
Well, one of my local pubs has embraced the "Emo" for some time now. They host "Emo" bands and Emos flock to the place, there is so much angst in the air there some nights you can't actually bring yourself to go inside without cutting your arm first!!
This very pub has so cottoned on to the marketing of the Emo culture and how to make a buck out of it, that they've just painted a giant Emo mural on the side wall!!

Emo

It's obviously a beacon for all Emos.

"Calling all Emos, come hither, bring your angst, bring your tears, bring your wretched lives down to this pub where we are giving away beer at 50% off, that's right 50% off - persons must display forearms with evidence of self mutilation to receive this offer"

Look at the poor tortured Emo, his soul is screaming in pain. He just needs a hug that's all.

So now every time I pass this - and I do often - I will have to fight the urge to hug an Emo. I'm not sure I'll be able to hold out.

Comments