WITH THE WHAT NOW...

My kitchen is being revamped, pics to follow, but it's taking a heap longer than expected. Can't pin a plumber down so everything's on hold. So without a working kitchen I had to buy my dinner tonight. Cold rolls and a green chicken curry. Very nice too!

I cruise down to my local Asian take-away, grab the order and head back to my car. To my left is a tall lanky dude making a call on the public phone.

He breaks mid conversation with whoever he's talking to, puts his hand over the mouth piece and whispers/low voice to me "Hey man you want some dope?"

I blink, then I start laughing, probably a bit louder than I should but man that was the most unexpected thing. I mean don't get me wrong, I have partaken in the whacky tabacky and where I was isn't excatly a "good" part of town, lots of drugs around. I just in all my years have never been asked if I wanted drugs in that way. Not in Australia at least, I've copped it in Asia, copped it in the red light district in Paris, the guy there asked me in 3 languages :o) But never here.

After I stopped laughing I muttered a "nah I'm cool thanks" back at him. He didn't seem too impressed that I found it funny, but he just picked up his phone conversation without missing a beat. Too funny, too weird :o)

Comments