LET THIS BE A LESSON

On one of my walks into the city the other day I realised something. The old never put off till tomorrow what you can do today expression is kinda true. It struck me as I walked passed the Arcane bookshop, or at least what used to be the Arcane bookshop. It was a great little shop, one of the few non-chain store type bookshops left in and around the city. It always had great left wing and classical publications on display in the window. I always told myself I should go in there and buy a book, but I never did, and now..............

arcane

.......... It's too late, it's no more. I'm sure my small purchases wouldn't have saved it but if everyone who was like me had gone in it might have. So now it will probably become a crappy restaurant or fast food outlet or just sit empty. Note the posters that seem to spring up on the windows of abandoned shops so quickly, they're like mould on day old toasted cheese sandwiches!

Comments