FROM THE MOUTHS OF IDIOTS

I have to roll my eyes to the heavens when I read bollocks like this. This great collection of lines have surfaced from the New Orleans disaster, read on:


"Considering the dire circumstances that we have in New Orleans, virtually a city that has been destroyed, things are going relatively well." FEMA Director Michael Brown, Sept. 1, 2005


"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job." President Bush, to FEMA director Michael Brown, while touring Hurricane-ravaged Mississippi, Sept. 2, 2005


"We finally cleaned up public housing in New Orleans. We couldn't do it, but God did." Rep. Richard Baker (R-LA) to lobbyists, as quoted in the Wall Street Journal


"I also want to encourage anybody who was affected by Hurricane Corina to make sure their children are in school." First Lady Laura Bush, twice referring to a "Hurricane Corina" while speaking to children and parents in South Haven, Mississippi, Sept. 8, 2005


"It's totally wiped out. ... It's devastating, it's got to be doubly devastating on the ground." President Bush, turning to his aides while surveying Hurricane Katrina flood damage from Air Force One, Aug. 31, 2005


"I understand there are 10,000 people dead. It's terrible. It's tragic. But in a democracy of 300 million people, over years and years and years, these things happen." --GOP strategist Jack Burkman, on MSNBC's "Connected," Sept. 7, 2005


"I'm going to go home and walk my dog and hug my wife, and maybe get a good Mexican meal and a stiff margarita and a full night's sleep." FEMA Director Michael Brown, on his plans after being relieved from his role managing Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, Sept. 9, 2005

Love ya work tigers

Comments

David Bench said…
Yeah youre right, we rarely win anything, thats why there was the bus. Think London needed it really after the bombs, bit of a pick-up.

Drunken yobs? Who are you? all high and mighty moral angel? You're not telling me you've never partied like it was 1999?

you need to get out more...

Benchy

PS nice blog!

http://dontyouknowtheresawaron.blogspot.com/
stu said…
haha good to see I got a bite :o)

Yeah I can see that London needed a pick me up after all the crap of late.

Come on I just lost the ashes, I have every right to call the pommie cricketers drunken yobs :o) It's all I got for the next few years!!!

You gotta admit it was poor form to be at number 10 like that, and I was actually having more of a go at those that let em go there, surely a "perhaps we'll pop by tomorrow Mr Prime Minister" would have been appropriate.

anyways well done england grrrrrrr
David Bench said…
Looking forward to when our two countries meet in the World Cup!

Being a Leeds fan, I have a soft spot for Viduka and Kewell, wish they were English though.

x

http://dontyouknowtheresawaron.blogspot.com/
stu said…
Nah, we'll keep Kewell and Dukes thanks :o)

Not sure we will get the chance to meet you this cup, we have the Italians next up and that's a big ask, but not impossible.

Quietly confident of a result. Can you imagine the hype of Oz V the mother country in a world cup match, esp a semi final

hooeeee :o)