WELL I GUESS COKE SUCKS THEN

I need to get my brain working so I can do some work, I have failed in my last 3 attempts this morning, so maybe a blog will inspire my fingers to attack the keyboard once again.

Apparently it takes seven times as much water to create one bottle of Coke. Which is causing a few issues in India. They have massive water shortages there at the moment and yet the coca cola company is using 500 000 litres of water a day to make its infectious sugary refreshment. This of course is not going down too well with the local population.

So when Sharad Haksar took a quite poetic photograph of colorful pitchers lining up in front of a waterpump, which just happens to be situated near a wall that has a "Drink Coca Cola" ad painted all over it, and to top it all off displayed his art on a billboard, coke wasn't happy at all. The gall of this artist! Coke claims this billboard has done 'incalculable damage' to their brand and want it withdrawn immediately, they also want an "unconditional apology"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Are coke serious? Haksar proceeded to tell coke to feck off, I guess we now await the outcome. At least the Indian farmers have figured out how to compensate for the loss of water. They use coke instead of pesticides on their crops, ah coke, is there anything it can't do :o)

Greg has issues with coke too, he can't seem to get his free bottle of diet coke anywhere :o)

However I think, in cokes defense, this one goes a bit too far. A US Consumer group has called for cigarette-style warnings on soft drinks to alert consumers that too much of the sugary beverages can make people fat and cause other health problems.

No shit Einstein, here, let me hold your hand through the turbulent adventure that is life. Ooh look out, that pine cone could take your eye out when you walk under that pine tree, we better nail a sign to the tree to warn people, ah damn the tree died from the nailing, ah well at least we wont have to worry about pine cones in the eye anymore. Sometimes I fear and fret for the future of the human race, shit I'm stressing now, is stress a killer, oh my god I'm gonna go sit in a dark room FOREVER!! Why wasn't I warned!!

Comments